Miss Azzopardi’s Class- 2017-18
A BIG welcome to all parents and carers in Reception!
Forest School- Thursday
This half term we will be learning all about ‘The Enormous Crocodile’, a Roald Dahl story. We will be linking all our learning and carrying out lots of fun activities such as;
- Getting creative and making our own enormous crocodile from a range of materials and different textures.
- Counting the crocodile’s teeth, estimating how many there are, and making a crocodile from lots of different 2D shapes.
- Writing all about the naughty crocodile!
- Making animal puppets/masks
- Making crocodiles from papier mache
- Making Split pin crocodiles
- Looking at different animals prints
- Using instruments to make animal sounds
- Mixing colours to make green
- Singing crocodile songs
- Making mini crocodile from pegs
- Making a swamp- using brown paint to create mud!
- How are the animals similar/different from each other in the story
- Researching crocodiles- where do they live? What do they eat? What do they look like?
- And much, much more!
At the end of the half term, an exhibition will be held in the hall displaying all our lovely work.